Monday, October 27, 2008

Another Adventure in Daytona Beach



After waiting week for the long awaited day of a swim suit party at the Daytona Lagoon the day was finally here. I went through my classes as regularly scheduled and finally came the time to leave for the party. I called up Safe Ride and headed to the Lagoon fashionably late as usual. Upon arriving to the Lagoon I see nothing but little kids playing arcade games so I think to myself if there's suppose to be a party here where exactly will it be kept. So I approach the counter along with my friend and ask about this party that's suppose to be going down tonight and the guy says he doesn't know what we're talking about. We both looked at each other in shock and left the lagoon with looks of defeat. We walked away thinking about how we probably mixed days up or probably got bad information from our source. So we took a walk around Daytona in hopes of finding a back up attraction to hold our time and of course finding nothing we headed back to the Lagoon. On the way back we spotted a poster that had information about the party that we were just told supposedly didn't exist. After going back to the Lagoon we are greeted by a different employee who tells us the location of the party. The party looked great just what we expected and the second we paid and sat down thanks to our luck it began to rain. Everyone who was in the pool filed out in their bathing suits. Again shocked about our luck my friend and I stared at each other in awe. The rain eventually died down and so did the party when we got back to it so we decided to go to a nearby club. The club was filled with the stench of cigarette but we were greeted by bartenders dancing on top of tables and people all around enjoying themselves. We looked at each other and smiled at the fact that we had finally found the type of party we've been looking so hard for.

No comments: